Monday, June 28, 2010

Work Dog Missing From Sick Woman's Home

By Erika Summers, Action 3 News

A woman struggling with multiple illnesses puts her trust in someone to take her work dog for a walk. That walker never came back. Her dog is still missing. It happened Sunday night.
Following a long sleepless night, Michelle Farrow cries because she's scared for her dog and also for herself. "I'm very sick and I need him, I need him as much as he needs me," said dog owner Michelle Farrow.
Farrow suffers epileptic seizures, severe asthma, and end-stage liver disease. Her medically trained dog Chaco, helps her with whatever she needs. "He knows when I'm going to have seizures. He's been trained to go let people know I need help," said Farrow.
The brown and white pit bull vanished when a friend she hadn't seen in a long time offered to take him for a walk but never came back. "I don't know what to do, I made a report," said Farrow.
Farrow's worried the person may use her dog for breeding or sell Chaco to make an easy buck. "I love my dog more than anything and I've been through so much to get this dog and keep this dog," said Farrow.
She waits, hoping and begging for the dog she calls her best friend to return. "He's irreplaceable. Please bring the dog back, that's all I'm asking," said Farrow.
If you have any information on the dog's whereabouts, you can contact the Southeast Omaha Police Precinct at 444-5792.

Update July 30, 2010 7:44pm - The following article is by Molli Graham, Action 3 News:
 
Stolen Dog Reunited with Owner

Tonight, a happy ending for a woman who was devastated when someone stole her dog. You see, she's in poor health and tells us she depends on her dog for help.
It's a tearful reunion between a woman and her dog. Chalco the pit bull was stolen from owner Michelle Farrow 1 month ago. "I was totally devastated, it was like someone took my life partner, my breath away," says Michelle Farrow. Chalco is not just a pet, but he's trained to help Farrow with medical problems.
The day he disappeared, a former friend took him outside then took off. Farrow believes he was then traded around showing up in multiple homes. Police and Humane Society workers show up to a house near 87th and Grand Friday afternoon and find the stolen dog inside. But so far investigators can't say how the dog ended up here. Nebraska Humane Society reunites the dog and owner.
Chalco's disappearance also got the attention of Action Three News. We brought you the story the day after he goes missing last month. Today, Farrow's pleas answered, her puppy home, unfortunately not in the best shape. "We did find that the dog was malnourished," says Mark Langan with the Nebraska Humane Society. Chalco, a few pounds lighter and with sores on his nose, seemingly happy to home. 
The Humane Society is investigating and could file animal cruelty charges, police also on the case regarding the theft of the dog.

Reported by Molli Graham, mgraham@action3news.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.