Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hammer Attack Puts Tualatin Man In Coma

From FOX 12 Oregon

Kevin Brannan Facing Assault, Attempted Murder Charges

A man accused of beating his roommate in the head with a hammer appeared in court Tuesday.
Kevin Brannan, 33, was arrested in the Hayden Island area Monday in connection with the Sunday morning attack on David Brown, 27. Brannan is facing charges of assault and attempted murder in Washington County court.
The victim's brother, Jon Brown, also lives in the Tualatin house on Southwest Norwood Road and said he told Brannan to move out Saturday.
Later that night, Jon Brown said Brannan attacked his sleeping brother with a hammer. The suspect was intoxicated during the incident, Jon Brown said.
Brannan fled, Washington County deputies said, and David Brown walked down the road for help. He eventually collapsed and a passing driver found him, deputies said.
David Brown is in stable condition in a medically induced coma, his brother said, and might require more surgery. The victim also suffers from kidney disease and is a dialysis patient, according to family members.
“I always knew that (Brannan) wasn’t totally there, but I never thought he’d do something like that. It’s just terrible," Jon Brown said. "I hope he rots in jail. I hope he’s in there for life."
The victim's pit bull was also injured in the ordeal and required 30 stitches. There is no word on its condition.
Brannan is scheduled to be back in court Sept. 21.

Video

5 comments:

  1. I've known that guy over the years, since 3rd grade. Nice guy - saw him a couple times not too long ago, and he was very nice, and very down on himself, and unhappy. Most noticeably, it seemed like something was really not right with him. He wasn't always like that - something was totally off about him. I am not excusing what he did AT ALL but there clearly was something wrong with him that is not how he was growing up or even a few years back.

    Even given all that, I am amazed that he attacked someone who was asleep in bed. Amazing, horrible.

    I feel bad for Kevin - not for the consequences that he will face for what he did, but because the kid I knew turned into the person who has done this horrible thing.

    I hope it would go without saying that I feel bad for the victim and his brother and family, and even the pit bull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known that guy over the years, since 3rd grade. Nice guy - saw him a couple times not too long ago, and he was very nice, and very down on himself, and unhappy. Most noticeably, it seemed like something was really not right with him. He wasn't always like that - something was totally off about him. I am not excusing what he did AT ALL but there clearly was something wrong with him that is not how he was growing up or even a few years back.

    Even given all that, I am amazed that he attacked someone who was asleep in bed. Amazing, horrible.

    I feel bad for Kevin - not for the consequences that he will face for what he did, but because the kid I knew turned into the person who has done this horrible thing.

    I hope it would go without saying that I feel bad for the victim and his brother and family, and even the pit bull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO NOT feel sorry for BRANNAN and never will forgive him. There is no excuse for attacking a disabled person who was asleep in bed. Can you imagine the horror of waking up to this bastard attacking you with a hammer? For the safety of others lives I hope this bastard stays in prison for the rest of his life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is the 3 year anniversary of the attack. DO NOT expect any remorse for BRANNAN from me. I give him NONE. NEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that David, you, and your family had to go through this nonsense.
    How is he doing? Has he recovered from this? How is the dog?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.