Saturday, October 16, 2010

Siblings Save Girl, 7, From Dog Attack

From WBNS

Hayli Baker is in one piece after a pit bull attacked her on Wednesday. The 7-year-old was taking a break from home school with her two older siblings and a couple friends on South Sixth Street when the dog charged at them, 10TV's Ashleigh Barry reported.
"The dog started running the streets. It started rounding me and I was screaming, flipping out with the 911 operator, and (he told me to) calm down and I'm like, 'No, the dog is still out here,'" said Holly Gilardi, Baker's mother.
The pit bull's jaw locked onto Baker's shoulder.
Baker's siblings used a shovel to get the dog to loosen the grip.
The children ran into the house and animal control was called to to capture the dog.
Baker received 13 stitches to close a wound, but she was expected to fully recover.
The pit bull was later euthanized, according to Holly Gilardi.
10TV's attempts to reach the dog's owner were not successful.

Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.