Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fire Destroys Perry South Home Days Before Christmas

From WPXI

Family's Dogs Killed In Blaze

A two-alarm fire destroyed a home in Pittsburgh’s Perry South neighborhood early Tuesday morning.
Firefighters responded to the blaze along Overlook Street shortly after 5 a.m.Robert Arnold, who lived in the home, said a ceramic heater in the basement started the fire.
"You know, you go from having something to having nothing. A lot of people don't appreciate what you have until it's gone," said Arnold. "I opened up the door and there was a big, black gray smoke that just smacked me in the face"
Arnold's mother, Roseanne Knight, said she woke up to the smell of smoke.
"I started to smell smoke in my room, heard a loud pop and was hit with a face full of smoke and called my husband," said Knight. "I lost a lot of things, lots of things. I've lost my granddaughter's presents. I just don't know how to deal with this now."
Everyone inside was able to make it out safely, but a German shepherd and a pit bull died in the blaze.
The American Red Cross is assisting four adults with food, clothing and shelter.

Video

2 comments:

  1. Roaseann Knight left thoes 2 poor helpless animals in there to die. She is a horrible person and takes out personal grudges on innocent animals. Thoes dogs are in heaven now and will always be in their TRUE family's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roaseann Knight left thoes 2 poor helpless animals in there to die. She is a horrible person and takes out personal grudges on innocent animals. Thoes dogs are in heaven now and will always be in their TRUE family's hearts.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.