Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nobody injured in Wilson Borough fire

By Collin McEvoy, The Express-Times

Wilson Borough firefighters trudged through the snow today to fight a fire at 2338 Forest Street, which appears to have started due to a wood-stove blaze that grew out of control, according to dispatch reports.

Residents were evacuated after the fire broke out at the duplex around 3:15 p.m. Emergency dispatchers said nobody was injured.

Officials from the Wilson Borough Fire Department were not immediately available for comment.

The basement became "fully involved" due to the wood-stove fire, according to dispatch reports. It then spread to the street-level, where flames were visible on the ceiling through the windows and doors.

Heavy smoke poured through a side window, and the heat was so intense it left scorch marks on the outside wall of the neighboring house about 10 feet away.

A pit bull was also safely removed from the home. The dog attempted to turn around and run back into the house, but it was stopped by police and fire fighters.

2 comments:

  1. I am a neighbor and the doggie was a pure bred bull dog, not pit bull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a neighbor and the doggie was a pure bred bull dog, not pit bull!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.