Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pit bulls should be banned

By Pat Olivio, from Advisor & Source

In response to Lawrence Semerzak defending pit bulls, pit bulls were bred for strength and determination, and trained to kill. It doesn't make much difference in how they are raised; the inborn instincts are always there. Have you ever seen an English setter puppy hunt and point? They do this naturally because it's bred into them. A herding dog herds naturally, etc.

Pit bulls are bred to fight. They do it naturally and it doesn't take much provocation. They are a dangerous dog and not to be trusted, and I can't understand why anyone would want to own one. There are so many other breeds to choose from. When you hear of dogs attacking humans (including children), it is more often than not a pit bull.

Banning pit bulls is not like banning handguns. It's like banning assault rifles or machine guns or bombs. Sticking up for pit bulls is like sticking up for terrorists. Until they start breeding them down, I agree they should be banned.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone is on about the Pit bulls, like any other animal it IS how they are brought up. I thought I would never own one in my life time because of the bad rep they have. Ours is the most loveable animal there is. He loves to play, eat and is goofy. He has the biggest grin on his face when he comes to meet you by the door. Some people are bad too. Should we ban them?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.