From The MetroWest Daily News
An early-morning fire destroyed a house and killed several types of animals, including about 20 snakes, at 25 Springhill Road.
Firefighters were called just before 4:30 this morning to the house fire. The Martin family - father, mother and two adult children - made it out OK, but a pitbull dog, a couple of birds and about 20 snakes died in the blaze.
Scott Martin, of Wakefield, walked through the home with an insurance adjuster this afternoon. He said the fire started in his 28-year-old sister's bedroom.
Fire Chief Gary Daugherty said the cause of the fire was electrical. He said it took firefighters about 40 minutes to get the blaze under control.
Martin, a builder by trade, said the house appears to be a total loss. His family is temporarily staying in a hotel, thanks to the help of the Red Cross.