Monday, January 10, 2011

Jax Man, Daughter Encounter Pit Bull

From WJXT

Man Says He Shot Pit Bull To Save Himself, Daughter, Dog

A Jacksonville man and his 9-year-old daughter said they are happy to be alive after nearly being attacked by a pit bull Sunday night.
The man and his daughter, who want to remain anonymous, said a pit bull broke through the screen of a bedroom window in a nearby home on West Spring Lake Road and charged toward them."The window was open with a bed propped open and not long after, a female pit bull jumped out," said the man.The man said in order to protect his daughter, himself and their dog he was forced to pull out a handgun and shoot the pit bull."It was quick," said the man. "I didn't want it to happen, but I didn't want to take a chance on that animal attacking my child, me, my dog."Channel 4 stopped by the home that police said the pit bull came from, but the homeowner did not want to appear on camera. The homeowner told Channel 4 that she was just getting over surgery, and she couldn't get out to the dog in time.The owners of the dog buried the pit bull. The victims were not injured during the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.