Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peek-A-Pom Puppy Attacked, Killed by Pit Bull in St. Paul Alley

By Maury Glover, FOX 9 News

A young couple’s puppy was attacked by a pit bull in a St. Paul alley, and the pit bull is still on the loose. Blia Xiong and Nhakou Yang just got their 4 1/2 year old Peek-A-Pom puppy last month. Xiong and her little sister were walking the dog, named Jacob, in the alley behind their East Side house Saturday evening when a pit bull came out of nowhere and attacked him.
Xiong says she couldn’t pull her puppy from the pit bull’s jaws, and by the time she got help, both dogs were gone.
"I feel terrible,” Xiong said. “I feel like I couldn't do anything to help him. He was such a big dog. I couldn't grab him. I was afraid. I was afraid."
Within hours, a woman who said she found Jacob outside her apartment building brought him to an emergency veterinarian, where he was pronounced dead. But police believe the woman actually owns the pit bull, and St. Paul Animal control is looking for the dog to see if it should be classified as dangerous, which would mean it could be put down.
The dog’s owner could also face a misdemeanor charge for failing to prevent bodily harm to another animal.

Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.