Friday, February 25, 2011

Fresno House Fire Leaves 5 Without Shelter

By Margaret Carrero, KMJ Now

A house fire in Central Fresno sent five people scrambling to safety early Friday morning.
"It was scary," said Renae Bobo, one of the residents of the home on Farris Avenue north of Belmont that erupted in flames around 4:20 Friday morning.
Bobo and her boyfriend, Keith had been staying with some friends who woke them up to evacuate.
"His wife was saying the back room was on fire.. I thought she was joking at first and then when she opened the door you see the flame coming out," said Keith.
Thankfully, all five occupants, along with two pit bulls, Steela and Girl, managed to escape unharmed.

Paul Garnier with Fresno Fire says the house was fully involved with smoke and flames when crews arrived.
"We made a quick fire attack. The fire appeared to be in the rear portion of the structure and running inside the attic as well," said Garnier.

According to the residents, they had been living without electricity, and using candles to light their way.
Fire investigators have determined that an unattended candle in the back bedroom ignited the blaze when it caught some curtains on fire, completely gutting the inside of the single-story home.
D
amage is estimated to be around $88,000.
The Red Cross was called in to assist the displaced residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.