Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pet dog helps man escape burning home Tuesday

From Journal Star

A man escaped injury from his burning mobile home Tuesday after his pit bull awoke him, fire officials said.
Firefighters were called to 127 Hiatt Lane, a mobile home in Hiatt’s Hideaway, about 11 p.m.. The trailer was fully engulfed when they arrived, Spring Bay volunteer fire Chief Dennis Perry said.
The homeowner, Ralph Cody, told Perry he had fallen asleep with a lit cigarette but that his dog woke him up, allowing him to escape, Perry said.
Perry said the mobile home was a total loss, adding the neighbor’s home at 125 Hiatt Lane suffered some exterior heat damage from the fire.
Volunteer firefighters from both Spring Bay and Germantown Hills responded to the fire and were at the scene until 1:30 a.m.
Perry listed the damage at $5,000.

1 comment:

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.