Saturday, June 18, 2011

Group Works To Open Pit Bull Rescue

By Tammy Brehse, KJCT

Volunteers Wash Cars, Dogs Saturday

One local woman is on a mission to protect an animal very close to her heart. Chelsea Shaw has been working for months to raise money to open a pit bull rescue facility. Saturday she and other supporters washed dogs and cars to bring in money.
Pit bulls are sometimes stereotyped for being too aggressive and can become victims of animal abuse. That won't be the case in the grand valley if Shaw has anything to do with it. She says she's gotten a lot of positive support so far.
"All of the animals I've come across, all the stories I've come across, all the people I've met, it's just insane," Shaw says. "So many people have big hearts, and I just want to be that first step."
Shaw says everything they used in today's fundraiser, including the food, was donated by people showing support. The group has already raised several thousand dollars toward their cause. Shaw says the next step will be to find a potential piece of property to use.
If you'd like to learn more about their group or help out, visit their facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.