Saturday, July 2, 2011

Reward Offered For Puppy Stolen From Front Yard

From WSB

Patrice Burnett is hoping and praying someone will return her 2-and-a-half-month-old pit bull safely.
“It was like so fast. It was like a snatch and grab,” Burnett said. “It was upsetting.”
On Sunday, Burnett’s dog, Lox, was on a chain in her front yard on Leeshire Trail in Tucker long enough to allow him to relieve himself.
“So I went in the house, like, for a split second I had just sat on the couch and I saw like, some kid walk into my yard,” Burnett said. “So I saw a silver car and a door closing and taking off. It happened so fast. Like, my heart dropped; it was like, really quick. I was like, ‘Did they really just take my dog?’ So I ran in the house, I grabbed my keys, I jumped in my car and I went running around like, racing up that way.”
But she did not find the car that sped off, nor did she find Lox. Burnett filed a police report and put up fliers all around her neighborhood, but still no Lox.
“It really sucks because they didn’t just take a dog, they took a little piece of me,” Burnett said. “A little piece, but a big piece.”
Lox is also a big piece for Burnett's roommate Ashley Parker and the other household dog, Louie.
“Really be protective of your animals because they could be gone just like that,” Parker said.
A painful lesson learned. Burnett just has a message for the thief.
“He was really that awesome, so guess I don’t blame you, but I do,” Burnett said. “Just bring him back.”
Burnett said she is offering a cash reward for the safe return of her puppy.

Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.