Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dear McDonalds

What a shame.
I really did like the new Chicken McBites.
I enjoyed having coffee with my partner each and every morning at our local McDonalds while we discussed the days upcoming business.
My dogs enjoyed two, sometimes three, double cheeseburgers a week - each.
Your ad stating that McBites are safer than "petting a pit bull" just ended these enjoyments.
I have to question your thinking. I buy 14-21 burgers a week for my dogs alone. Do you seriously think that no one else buys for their dogs? Unbelievable.
I've read that you've pulled the ad and apologized, but in no way is that enough.
I, for one, will no longer patronize your restaurants unless and until I see an ad from you that is more befitting to the true, proper image of pit bulls, not just the sensationalistic views that are reported in the media.
In addition, I want to see a public donation to a pit bull rescue group or foundation to support the already discriminated-against dogs that you just helped to denigrate.
Until then ... adios.

3 comments:

  1. what blatent disrepect and ignorance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe the ignorance they portrayed in their radio ad. Blatant ignorance plus the "more" harm they could cause for pit bulls. Their apology, imo was a crock. I'll never eat there again and I hope no other pit bull owners will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed... No more McDonalds for us!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions.
Be advised that comments are moderated. Not for views, but for content.
Profanity, personal attacks, and spam within comments will result in your comment being rejected.
I, personally, love Pit Bulls as well as all dogs and most animals.
If your comment differs from my feelings or opinions, I will post it anyway, providing it does not include any of the three exceptions listed above.
Same goes for comments that are in harmony with my opinions.
Thank you for participating.