Past posts dated January 13:
- Pit bulls left out of tighter animal code
A contentious revision of Charles County animal control laws ended quietly Tuesday, when the county commissioners unanimously approved a version that increases fines and more tightly regulates some animal breeding.
- 'New beginning' for evicted LI family
Intel semifinalist Samantha Garvey spoke Friday of a "new beginning" for her and her family.
- Pit Bull mix puppy recovering at Valley Oak SPCA in Visalia from illegal ear cropping
A puppy suffering from a botched ear cropping done illegally was brought to the Valley Oak SPCA Wednesday with his mother. A concerned citizen found them running loose in Farmersville, picked them up and dropped them off at the shelter in Visalia.
- Ten pit bulls die in Sharon Hill fire
Ten pitbulls have perished in a fire that gutted a detached garage on Cherry Street this morning.
- Pit Bull Attack Sends 10-Year-Old Girl to Hospital
A 10-year-old Lexington County girl is in the hospital after she was attacked by a pit bull Thursday. The attack took place sometime around midday on Bethlehem Circle near Batesburg-Leesville. Lexington County deputies responded to the scene and found the dog on top of the girl, and had to shoot and kill the animal to stop the attack.
- Pit Bull Abandoned on Williamsburg Bridge Needs Home
A pit bull found abandoned on the Williamsburg Bridge during this week's snowstorm is close to finding a new home after a pair of concerned New Yorkers took the dog in and used a popular blog to publicize the pooch's plight.
- Large, aggressive Pit Bull shot by police in Los Altos
Two reports about loose dogs top the list of incidents noted by the Los Altos Police Department in its most recent report.