Past posts dated January 14
- Pit bull attack kills 1-year-old boy at home
A 1-year-old boy was killed when he was attacked by his family's pit bull at his grandparents' home on Saturday night, the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office said.
- NC man wanted for impaling 8-week-old puppy with a knife
Deputies with the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office are searching for a man who they say maimed an 8-week-old puppy.
- Report: Atlanta man knocks cat from tree so pit bulls can attack
An Atlanta man who owns pit bulls knocked a cat out of a tree so the dogs could maul it, cbsatlanta.com reports.
- Fire destroys Framingham home, kills about 20 snakes
An early-morning fire destroyed a house and killed several types of animals, including about 20 snakes, at 25 Springhill Road.
- 13-year-old hospitalized after pit bull attack
A 13-year old boy is recovering with wounds to his face, legs and arm after being attacked by a pit bull. Lexington County Deputy County Administrator Joe Murgo says the boy was attacked on Barretts Way Wednesday afternoon while walking home with a friend.
- Elgin man gets 3 years for pot plants, animal torture
An Elgin man accused of keeping 108 marijuana plants and almost two-dozen aggressive pit bulls has been sentenced to three years in prison.
- Two will serve brief shock jail time for animal abuse in Greene County MO
A Greene County judge convicted two people this week for abusing animals two years ago.
- OHS seeks dog abandoner
The Oregon Humane Society is asking for the public's help in finding the owner of a neglected dog who was abandoned this morning at the OHS shelter on NE Columbia Blvd. The dog, a tan female American Pit Bull, has numerous scars, a broken tooth, and is extremely thin.